View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 09:04 PM   #381
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Yeah, I'm sure people will be rushing over after his threats of holding out...
I will rush there. He has every right to hold out. He played out the contract that he signed and is now looking to make what he is due. He gave us a **** ton of production and got paid jack shit while doing it. Now people want to call him greedy because he wants to be paid what he is worth? He's supposed to give a discount to a team that gave up a 1st round pick, 3rd round pick, and $100+ million dollars for another D linemen from another team when he was trying to get paid and had just come off a 15.5 sack season?

Chris Jones may have taken a hometown deal, but then the Chiefs said "**** you" to Chris and went and got Frank Clark. I know part of the reason why there have been no contract talks is because they were working on Patrick Mahomes' contract, but Brett Veach very clearly isnt dumb and he's definitely not going to disrespect Chris with a low ball offer.

Now that Mahomes' contract is done and he gave the Chiefs cap flexibility for the next several years we will see if Chris Jones is in the future plans of the Chiefs. Im still holding out hope that he is and will be signed by the 15th. The Chiefs could have signed Pat anytime, but they did it with over a week left to get Chris signed. Hopefully the timing isn't just a coincidence.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0