View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 01:10 PM   #32
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
the simple fact of the matter is that if the line was a little better, we'd be better in the red zone, running the ball, and protecting Mahomes.
I disagree.

The Chiefs didn't really lose anyone of value on the offensive line to start the season and even with their 4th LG, 2nd Center and 2nd Right Tackle, the Chiefs obliterated the Bills with 245 yards rushing.

The problem is the running back room, which I've been hammering since March 2020. Darrel Williams has improved over his rookie season but he's still not a huge threat because he lacks top end and breakaway speed.

Darwin Award Thompson is a bottom of the roster guy that isn't going to give 100+ yards from scrimmage for 16 weeks and while I was excited about the addition of Leveon Bell, it's pretty clear that he's finished as a lead back and maybe even as a complimentary back.

The Chiefs need another long term complimentary back to CEH because there's no guarantee that 29 year old, Damien Williams will be the same guy as 27 year old Damien Williams, especially when taking into consideration his long injury history.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.