View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 02:46 PM   #420
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by limested View Post
Any of the tables that are constant write to should be converted to InnoDB. If they are primary read only tables the MyISAM.
I get that for most tables, but the session table is almost universally believed to be best as a MEMORY table. But I did some reading that suggested InnoDB might be better for relatively high-use servers, and we basically have the whole DB read into RAM at this point anyway, so I figured I'd give it a go.

I don't fully understand WHY it worked, but it certainly seems to be making a difference. The backups are still doing their thing in the background, and our CPU load is a little elevated, but I'm hopeful that we're chipping away at the various bottlenecks.

FWIW, AC told me that PHP 7.1 is on the radar (which requires a slight update to vB 3.8.11 as well). The rest of the stuff is up to date at this point.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.