View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 02:20 PM   #10
MVP

I don't know if it really irritates me, everyone has an opinion right... but there are some players where I don't think I agree with where they are being rated but I have to kind of hedge against my own personal opinion and keep them in that conversation because everyone else seems to have them there.

Some specific ones...

Ladd McConkey. I like his size/athleticism profile he is a really technically savvy route runner but he's got an injury history. So, are teams really going to spend a 1st on him? My head says no. Hell, I'm thinking mid-2nd.

J.J. McCarthy... Look, I think he's pretty solid but should a team really trade up into the top 5 to get this kid? Man... I don't know. If it weren't for Minnesota and Denver really needing a QB I wouldn't even fathom it. I think Nix is the better player, honestly. End of the day, I wouldn't be surprised Minnesota stood pat at 11 and banked on him falling. If Denver moves for him, let them and take Nix. That's how I'd play it.

Drake Maye... Also just not a top 5 QB. From a natural talent perspective, he could end up the best when it's all said and done but he shouldn't have came out his year. He needs a redshirt year at minimum. He's not mentally ready IMO.

Brock Bowers... I mean, I see him exactly the same as Sam LaPorta. Is he a top-10 type of guy? Hell, is he actually a round 1 type of guy? He'd be fringe for me personally but the overwhelming majority think otherwise.

Amarius Mims... Scary to take this kid in the 1st round. He's incredibly raw and should have went back to school. Man alive this is the one I absolutely struggle with the most in my head. He's mid-3rd as a player but a rare athlete at his size.

Terrion Arnold... Not my top corner. Struggles with speed. I keep him highly rated because of outside opinions. I probably wouldn't draft him in the 1st.

Jer'Zahn Newton... I still don't understand how an elite pass rusher from the DT spot is considered a fringe 1st round prospect but to each their own. I don't think he's significantly less of a prospect than a guy like Jalen Carter was. It interests me to see what NFL teams will think.

Troy Fautanu... Not sure how he isn't the top offensive line prospect and top LT prospect in this draft class. He's absolutely nails. I pray he falls within striking distance, I really do. Don't think he will. I just don't think Alt or Fashanu are as good as he is, especially in pass pro.

Chop Robinson... Purely a traits guy. The production isn't there. We've seen this flame out a lot. We'll see if this one hits. Kind of how things have been lately with so much emphasis on traits over football players.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.