Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #14
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
All just depends on what kind of riding you want to do. Long hauls? City/cruise?, Ride Two Up? etc. Personally, I love the Sporters Bobbed out. I think PR_Capone has one that is basically exctly what I'd like.

My $.02 is to get a metric as your first. Hate to drop coin on a HD only to drop it in a parking lot, or crash it. You can get a great metric in the 650-750cc range that will do everything you'd want for very cheap. That Boulvard sounds like a good option (C50?). Learn on it, put some serious miles on it, then turn around and sell it. I rode all over with my wife two-up on my 650 just fine. Only wished it had a taller 5th gear or 6th, but other than that, did everything I wanted.

Metrics sell very well too because of the price point. There will be people like yourself looking to get into motorcycling. My Vstar 650 is a good example. paid 3k for it, rode it for about 2.5-3 years and sold it for right at $3k. Didn't have to do a single thing to it.

Huge aftermarket; good costs; cheap maintenance etc.
God, I feel like such a newb sometimes. One sec while I do some reading.

http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-a-metric-motorcycle
allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.