Thread: Movies and TV Joker - Warner Bros. movie
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 08:20 PM   #37
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
Definitely thought it looked good. I absolutely loved Heath Ledger as The Joker but it always pissed me off that we never got to see how he got to that point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Some of the mental illness aspects of this look just a hair too damned real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Only thing I don't really care for is the Joker almost seems..... sympathetic?
No one just wakes up one day and says, "I want to be a villain." Everyone has a backstory, and most of them are probably tragic or twisted. Villains with no motivation are less interesting, as are villains who can't encourage at least a little sympathy from the audience. That's what made Thanos so interesting, because he actually believed that the Snapture was a good thing for the universe. Ditto for Magneto. (Not like this is a new thing, though, they've been doing it as far back as Danny DeVito's Penguin.) The bottom line is, everyone has a tragic backstory in life, but it's what you choose to do with that: do you choose to become a villain? In the same manner that movies show how a superpower isn't inherently good or evil, it's what you choose to do with it.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.