View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 10:06 PM   #31
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
In more than 22 years of building PC's for my recording studio, I've never built an AMD, nor has any manufacturer recommended that I purchase an AMD (as a matter of fact, it's been blatantly stated to avoid them at all costs), so I'll defer to you.

That said, I'll never purchase or build an AMD based computer. I'm sure they're fine for other applications but not for pro audio.

Intel all the way.
5+ years ago, I would have supported your opinion 101%. I have never owned anything but Intel, and am currently waiting for the 10th gen of Intel CPUs to lower in price as opposed to building a current more affordable AMD upgrade system. But Intel has completely ****ed the bed for the last 2 generations of their CPUs. Their price point has been stupid, and everybody knows it. In about 6 months or so, the current Intel prices will relax and come down more in line with AMD's pricing because AMD is currently killing it. I'm waiting until then. But that said, the current AMD CPUs are nothing to laugh at. Unlike 20 years ago, they actually provide very competitive performance, at a much lower price. Especially for gaming. They're offering more cores for the buck, and that's really important. The performance isn't any worse for business relates apps like Adobe Suite either.

I'm a system admin by trade, and I have a great deal of experience with a huge variety of current hardware. Both Windows and Mac. AMD is currently king, as much as it pains me to say that. Even though my next build will still be an Intel.

Last edited by Fish; 06-01-2020 at 10:11 PM..
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote