View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM   #693
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
being sued for 10 million

dumbass
Texas has a punitive damages cap, though.

Appears to be double the economic damages. And they won't be able to establish even $500K in economic damages (pain and suffering fall under 'non-economic' damages).

So that's just a headline grab. Admittedly I've not dug into exceptions to the cap that may be allowed in certain circumstances but I'd be surprised if there are any/many. The nature of punitive damages in a personal injury matter almost preclude it. You only award punitives in cases of gross negligence in those cases (or willful disregard) and those would be the most obvious instances to make an exception. Well if you wanted to except those, you just wouldn't have the cap at all.

I mean look, if they can establish some lunatic 'continuing care' sort of fund that gets the economics up to $500K, it's gonna be plenty of pain for Rashee. That's probably going to be something like $500K in economic, $500K in non-economic and another million in punitives for a total of $2 million.

But even that feels INCREDIBLY unlikely. It's more likely to be $100-$200K when all is said and done.

Guy ain't gonna get slapped for $10 million. Just more sensationalism.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote