Thread: Poop Netflix slant
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 11:37 AM   #26
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Val Kilmer trying to carry a movie with dramatic undertones just didn't work.
and the shitty Irish accent didn't help either, that's for sure.

Quote:
And wasn't there some supernatural element to it as well? Man, I haven't seen it in probably 10 years, but I remember the spirit world ghost lion stuff being really eye-rolly.
yes, the idea to me was that the people thought they were more than just lions, but Patterson didn't. I don't think they were getting at anything other than these two lions did not act like normal lions.
Quote:
For whatever reason "The Devil has come to Tsavo" just stands out as an all-time line. Michael Douglas was the other hunter, right? That guy was just chewing scenery the whole time.
Definitely one of his cornier performances to be sure. It was like watching a kid scary movie type show in a way, except for the whole terrifying lion eating people thing...

Quote:
It was a pretty bad movie from an 'objective' standpoint - but I still enjoy the hell out of it.
Couldn't agree more. Used to have it on DVD but had to get rid of a bunch of that for space, and the Ghost and the Darkness didn't make the cut. But it was a fun movie and I'm sure I'll catch it again some day.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.