Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 04:09 PM   #3287
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
What's everyone's interest in a reboot of Spenser for Hire?

This is one show I loved in syndication [missed it in network premiere] enough that I grabbed up some of the novels [kind of like Fletch]. Not sure they'll capture the same feel here, but willing to give it a chance.
I watched SFH as a kid. I liked it then, but I'm not sure it would hold up to a rewatch. I've never liked Mark Wahlberg, so I'll pass on this, I think.

I was, and still am, a fan of the original Magnum P.I. Selleck and Robert Urich were good friends and TS made a funny little video back in the day giving him some friendly advice about RU's Spencer gig:

Today I watched:

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

I've seen a lot of giant monster movies, and almost all of them suffer from the same problem: too many boring scenes featuring humans and too little monster action. Now the writing in the human scenes is pretty dumb in this one, but it isn't boring at least. The monster scenes were very well done and we even get an appearance by Rodan. Is it a good movie? Not really. But it's more entertaining than most of its ilk.

Little Women (2019)

Needed a lot more kaiju.

Last edited by Mennonite; 01-27-2020 at 04:35 PM..
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.