View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 02:41 PM   #90
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Terrace Marshall- clearly injury concerns there. We don’t know the medical situation. Maybe give them and all of the other teams that passed on him the benefit of the doubt?

Ronnie Perkins- they clearly didn’t feel he was a fit and it’s easy to see why. He doesn’t fit the profile of a Spags DE at all.

Dyami Brown- based on who the Chiefs went after in free agency, and who they went with in the draft, it’s obvious that they were looking for a type. They wanted somebody big and physical.

Carlos Basham- another guy that doesn’t seem to fit what they’re looking for at the position. They want true defensive ends, not guys that you’re going to need to slide inside to get a pass rush from. We have Jones, Reed, and Wharton. We don’t need more interior pass rush, we need guys that can consistently win outside on the edge.

All of those guys are good players and were guys I liked, but it’s easy to see why the Chiefs went in the direction they did when you actually pay attention and listen as opposed to thinking you know bette than the guys that just went to back to back SB’s and rebuilt their OL in a way any of us could’ve only dreamed of.
I am not beholden to the direction the Chiefs want to go, and I don't have to defer to it. We've seen Brett Veach screw up draft picks, free agents, and entire draft classes. He's done a good job but your argument that he's above reproach is silly, nor does it lend itself to much more than groupthink.

But I don't really care about arguments about "Spags types" as much as I used to -- Mike Danna and Melvin Ingram interest have deflated me of that.

I do agree there has been a Spags type, though, and Perkins falls comfortably outside of it, but Basham was built for it. Strongside muscle with the ability to flex inside during obvious passing situations is exactly what Spags has asked of our guys in the past. I don't know why this is breaking news.

Our WR room is getting awfully stale in a hurry with Robinson, Hardman, and Pringle. Maybe one of these guys can take a step but after the Super Bowl I just watched, I cannot commit to any of them as WR2's, and there aren't any left in FA. We are now at the mercy of what other teams are willing to discard, when we had a front row seat to two very talented WRs.

But that's alright, because we spent 58 on a two-down linebacker and a center who will give you somewhat better play than the center we already had.

I don't want to re-live Super Bowl LV again. This draft made a step in the right direction, but it could have made a leap.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote