Thread: Movies and TV Netflix: Mindhunter
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 09:06 AM   #70
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
I see mentioned Silence of the Lambs connection, how about Manhunter. That's the prequel to SOL. It's a Michael Mann (Miami Vice) film from 1986 featuring William Peterson of CSI fame. It's is fantastic, Brian Cox plays the Anthony Hopkins character and Petersen is the FBI guy and his boss is Dennis Farina. It's got all the slickness of Miami Vice and has an intriguing story. I can watch over and over just like Silence of the Lambs. If you're a fan of In a Gadda Da Vida, you'll love the ending. If you're a fan of William Petersen like me, or you will be after seeing this film, don't miss To Live or Die in LA. If you have Directv, both films are on HDNET quite often.
The movie Red Dragon (2002) is a remake of this movie. Anthony Hopkins is Lecter, Edward Norton is Peterson's character, and Ralph Fiennes is the villain.

Both are great movies. It's really interesting to watch the same story told from two different eras of film-making. Manhunter is a story set in the 80s and made in the 80s. Red Dragon is the same story set in the 80s, but made in the 00s.
Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.