Thread: Life Brushes with Madness
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #27
"I'm with you fellers"

Where to start.

I grew up living across the street from the house where;

Bold and Brassy: Oklahoma's Own Black Widow is the true story of a 1908 murder that scandalized the nation. When Lawrence Matthews was found dead in his barn, it was assumed that mules had kicked him to death--until rumors started to spread about his widow Lorena Matthews and the Chicksaw hired hand, Jim Chapman, who spent a great deal of time alone with the boss' wife. Lorena was declared an unfit mother and ordered to give up her children to a guardian; instead, she took them and fled to Canada to reunite with her lover. At the time, the case was luridly sensational, and Lorena Matthews' life after the trial is itself a surprise. Black-and-white photographs illustrate this fascinating and extensively researched true crime account.

I played in the barn and house a lot as a child and never knew of any of it until a book was written about it when I was 30.

Next, the summer of 1988 I played coed softball with a quiet redhead;

On June 8, 1988 the nude bodies of Mark and Delores Stepp were discovered in the bedroom of their home. They had been viciously murdered; stabbed a total of 27 times, plus Mark Stepp had been shot as well.

The normally peaceful town of Stillwater, Oklahoma was shocked. Some feared drug-crazed addicts, or a Satanic ritual killing while others thought it was related to the Stepps' secret involvement in nudist activities.

The Stepps were regarded as a model American family, but following the police investigation, two likely suspects emerge -- Francine Stepp, the couple's daughter, and her best friend, Cindy Wynn.

Why would a teenager who "had everything" brutally murder her own parents?

I now live a few miles from the Clutter house;

Its' a small world but I would hate to have to mow it.
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.