Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 11:12 AM   #2549
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
My son had a really cool job this summer. He worked as a dock boy at the fishing lodge where I go in remote Alaska. I’m all kinds of proud of him but that’s not what this thread is about. He took some of his money and he bought a Yamaha 450 dirt bike and he rode it while he could. But the guy selling it also had a snow bike kit. For those who are not familiar, a snow bike or tundra sled kit, allows a dirt bike to function as a snowmachine (snowmobile to those who aren’t in the Great Land). It looks like this:

it’s been a few years since I had a snow machine but I realized if he’s going to be riding that much, then I need to get back into it. I had to order last year’s model from WA because nobody up here has any sort of inventory - new or used. The used machines are new enough and expensive enough that I might as well get a new one or they’re old and beat up and will need work. Anyway, something a lot like this is on its way to me:

Mine will have a longer track. I wasn’t really looking for that much power. Frankly, I was hoping for a 600cc engine instead of the 850 but the 850 is what they had and there wasn’t much available.

Now I just need snow. Lots of it.
I love this! I recently finished up a KLX 143 build for my son and ive got the Dirt bike itch very badly. I was looking at a DR 350 in Lees summit for a fixer upper, but being in NEOK its too much of a drive to buy a maybe decent bike from a probably crack head.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.