Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 09:58 PM   #2547
Veteran

My son had a really cool job this summer. He worked as a dock boy at the fishing lodge where I go in remote Alaska. I’m all kinds of proud of him but that’s not what this thread is about. He took some of his money and he bought a Yamaha 450 dirt bike and he rode it while he could. But the guy selling it also had a snow bike kit. For those who are not familiar, a snow bike or tundra sled kit, allows a dirt bike to function as a snowmachine (snowmobile to those who aren’t in the Great Land). It looks like this:

it’s been a few years since I had a snow machine but I realized if he’s going to be riding that much, then I need to get back into it. I had to order last year’s model from WA because nobody up here has any sort of inventory - new or used. The used machines are new enough and expensive enough that I might as well get a new one or they’re old and beat up and will need work. Anyway, something a lot like this is on its way to me:

Mine will have a longer track. I wasn’t really looking for that much power. Frankly, I was hoping for a 600cc engine instead of the 850 but the 850 is what they had and there wasn’t much available.

Now I just need snow. Lots of it.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote