View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 04:14 PM   #45
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
And stop saying stupid things about how Damien is as good as Kareem. Kareem was significantly better, and I'm not talking about fumbles. If you can't watch the two play and know that, you're a moron.
Yeah, I keep hearing this - but I’ve yet to see it demonstrated statistically other than “the eye test” or the “37 ppg” number that’s thrown out. Kareem had home run potential catching passes (a lot of secondaries just were not up to bring him down) - but to say Kareem was far better for the offense doesn’t hold water to me. The only analysis comparing the two I’ve seen on this came from Baldy’s breakdowns who pretty much concluded that Chiefs fans were overestimating Kareem through nostalgia. I think that nostalgia may be going on around these parts a bit too.

I’m not discounting Kareem either, trust me. I’m a Royals fan, a team who made back to back trips to the WS despite a lot of “analytics people” chalking it up to luck. It’s possible Kareem’s contributions went way further than Damien’s - I just have yet to see that reflected statistically or in results from the team.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.