Thread: Movies and TV Stranger Things (Netflix)...
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 05:44 PM   #424
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
I'm kind of confused about Steve's whole character.

I mean he was the bait and switch bully-to-hero character. What I don't understand is why did him acting like a decent person mean he had to start being such a socially awkward goofball.

It doesn't really make sense. I mean you can STILL be socially successful without being an asshole. I don't really get how he suddenly became such a goof.
Because he was taken out of his comfort zone where he was cool for being who he was. He realized the artifice of his high school glory days and has had to adapt to not being able to get anyone he wants, which has drained his confidence. He was always awkward in his own ways (look at how he flirts with Nancy while they're studying for her Chem exam in S1), and most of his dickish moves, even in S1, were an act. You can tell he doesn't feel right about defacing the marquee, but does it anyway because he cares too much about what his friends think of him.

He was just as good of a person in S2, and still had confidence even when being heroic, but it was cracking thanks to the arrival of Billy. Listen to how he talks to Dustin when they're on the train tracks.

Now he's trying to reconcile the lack of panache his name carries, because once you're out of high school, the only people who care about what you were in high school are the ones who peaked in high school.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.