View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #86
Spaceman Spiff

Love my Grilla, but it won't put out near the heavy smoke as a traditional offset. I like being able to start something the night before and not have to worry about the temp. Just like coffee, you get diminishing returns on cost and effort after a certain point.

Quality of cut=temp control>prep>type of wood and so on...

I will say that one of the biggest things to get used to for me is that different smokers have different air flow. I feel like a pellet grill gives a better flavor at lower temperatures. If i try to smoke at a higher temp the the smoke doesn't penetrate as easily. I've adjusted a lot of my cooks accordingly. Ie. pork shoulder on an offset I would be a slightly higher temp, but I knock it down a bit for the pellet. My opinion ymmv.
Whosurdaddy is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWhosurdaddy is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWhosurdaddy is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWhosurdaddy is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWhosurdaddy is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWhosurdaddy is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWhosurdaddy is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWhosurdaddy is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWhosurdaddy is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWhosurdaddy is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWhosurdaddy is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about