Thread: Mock (5/4)
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 07:01 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
1. What team can survive losing not just one but both starting T’s? I’ll wait....

2. It’s been said over and over, but I fully expect the Chiefs to add a veteran at DE. Yea, if you’re going to assume Clark goes down, looking at the roster as it is now, they’d be at trouble at DE. Even then, if that happened, they would likely make a move. They never stop looking at opportunities to get better even during the season.

3. I think it’s safe to assume that Gay and Bolton together upgrade our LB group from the SB. We’ve seen flashes from Gay, and he was clearly the most gifted LB on the roster last year even while he was still learning and inexperienced.

I love how you say that about Gay and Bolton, but give the Bills credit for getting better at edge rusher because they drafted two guys, one of whom is very raw while the other isn’t a great high ceiling pass rusher by any means.

You want to talk about the Chiefs “failures” then turn around and give the Bills credit for improving? What the **** did they do this offseason to get better immediately? They couldn’t get pressure against the Chiefs patchwork OL and somehow two draft picks are going to be enough with all of the upgrades the Chiefs made on the OL? What did they do to fix their gaping hole at CB2?

I find it hilarious that completely rebuilding the OL in one offseason wasn’t enough for some of you. Their offseason, at least to some extent, was a “failure”. That’s completely and utterly ridiculous. It’s not like they didn’t add talent at just about every position of need except for CB, another position where I fully expect them to sign somebody at some point.
The Bills are banking on Dane Jackson being healthy this year at CB2. If 1st and 2nd round picks don't improve their shit pass rush, nothing will, and rookies there for them is likely an improvement. Plus they have Epenesa going into year 2 so there should be some development there to help.

That said, you should absolutely be alot more concerned about Cleveland, who should have and would have knocked us out if not for the most unlucky fumble in the NFL last year on what should have been a penalty on Sorensen anyhow.

It's probably safe to assume both tackles don't get hurt again. Making any of your other assumptions is probably not safe at this point.

Clark always has some nagging injury bullshit going on and the rest of our defensive ends suck donkey sack unless one steps up and proves otherwise all of a sudden. If you want to bag on Buffalo's DE situation, ours is far more dire if Clark goes out for any length of time or turns into a turtle again because some shit.

As for our LBs, I vocally didn't like the Gay pick so I'm merely holding out hope I was wrong at this point. I'm not going to expect he can be better than Wilson or even as good as Wilson until I actually see it happen. He has the measurables to be better, but the question remains on what's going on upstairs. I'm optimistic on Bolton because he's a better football player than Niemann but he doesn't have better measurables than Niemann. So I do have some pause for concern in the passing game and whether there is any real significant step up there, if any at all. His bigger impact will be his ability to trigger downhill.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.