View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 08:55 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I don't blame him. The books get progressively worse after Dune. Herbert hit it out of the park with the first one, but this series ain't Game of Thrones. Dune Messiah was okay, but without giving anything away, the main characters become seriously less relatable and likeable. Children of Dune was a slog, and God Emperor of Dune was awful; so bad, in fact, that I never finished it or bothered to read the fifth and sixth book. I'm told they're better than God Emperor. I don't care.

Going to see Part 2 in about an hour.
Messiah was written because of the people that didn’t get the message of the first book. It isn’t subtle and it’s is in your face. I agree with you on the rest of the series.

I think Denis felt like he needed to dumb it down to avoid that same mistake. Which is insulting if being truthful. But I still enjoyed it.

Last edited by kcpasco; 03-05-2024 at 09:03 PM..
kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.