Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 10:22 AM   #1600
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
Your list of shows overlaps with my own, apart from Columbo which I've never really watched, but am aware of. I am going to take a swing and probably miss but you may want to give a go at watching The Expanse. It's a damn good SciFi drama on Amazon Prime that in some ways combines The Twilight Zone, Star Trek, and yes, even Columbo. It's got the seriousness of Breaking Bad, as well as a slow burn and character growth. It does start slow, but around episode 4 most people seem to get hooked.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about both the book and tv version of The Expanse. I really need to check it out.

Columbo is a little different than most detective shows; instead of a traditional "whodunit" it's more of a "howcatchem." You know who the killer is right from the start. The fun is in watching Columbo play a cat and mouse game with his suspect as he unravels the clues. What I like best about the show is how Columbo operates logically and methodically; he doesn't rely on high-tech forensics or make impossible to believe Sherlock Holmes style leaps in logic.

Some of my favorite episodes are "A Stitch in Crime" featuring Leonard Nimoy, "Swan Song" with Johnny Cash, "Any Old Port in the Storm" starring Donald Pleasance, and "Murder by the Book" with Jack Cassidy.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote