Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 04:12 PM   #1595
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
Out of curiosity may I ask what your top 2 or 3 favorite shows are?

Hmm...that's tough. I like a lot of older shows mainly. I like the original Twilight Zone quite a bit. I'm a fan of the older Trek shows, TNG and DS9 in particular. I like Gunsmoke both on tv and on radio. Breaking Bad is probably the newest show that I've really enjoyed; it was fantastic. Let's see...I also like the original run of Columbo, the first 8 or 9 seasons of The Simpsons. Those are some of the shows I can usually watch again and again.

As I said, my main problem with The Mandalorian is that all the plots (that I watched) are very familiar to me.

In five episodes you have:

- Hired gunman turns against his employer plot
- Killer becomes protector of the defenseless.(Lonewolf & Cub redux)
- Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven save the village plot
- Inevitable betrayal by younger partner plot

I do think this is the best SW product since the mid 80s. the production values are fantasic. The eclectic guest stars are interesting. But if you grew up on a diet of westerns, both traditional and spaghetti, have seen the half-dozen Lone Wolf and Cub movies, The Mechanic (1976) and assorted Kurosawa flicks it's hard to not find the show a little predictable.

P.S. They should have had Werner Herzog direct an episode instead of being a guest star. You let him direct "Mandalor, the Wrath of God" featuring a cgi Klaus Kinski squeezing the shit out of Baby Yoda and I'll sign up for Disney+ in a heartbeat.

Edit: I said that I thought this was the best SW related thing I've come across, but that isn't true; I really like the original KOTOR game.

Last edited by Mennonite; 01-04-2021 at 04:23 PM..
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote