Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 11:44 AM   #1567
Supporter

So did Inventing Ana on Netflix. I'm a sucker for Julia Garner so I gave it a go.

I was all in. Despite the writer being wholly unlikeable, and mostly Ana's character being unlikeable, the performances were good.

The performances were REALLY good. Garner killed it. She's pretty over the top in Ozark, but she plays a tremendously nuanced role here. She was really ****ing good. But she's not alone. The writer was the weakest performance, probably. The lawyers and friends were really good.

While a bunch of the characters were unlikeable, the Neff character was outstanding. I don't know how close to the real thing that performance was, but she was really good and I was rooting for her, as flawed as she was. The other rootable characters are the "Scriberia" guys (I laughed every time they said it). I don't know how that whole dynamic went down in real life, but those 4 cats were tremendously compelling on screen.

I will preface this by being a sucker for these outrageous fraud bits. Some of this is somewhat fictionalized. Best I could tell it was name changes, quick googling - they hit most of the high points. But invariably there is some fiction/liberties. But I'm in for this shit. I listened to the books on Theranos (Bad Blood and Thicker than Water), the Jho Low Book (Billion Dollar Whale), a bunch of Michael Lewis books, Eight Men Out, and The Brothers book on the Dulles Brothers. I'm always into crazy fraud shit. It just blows my mind. Continually.

So that may influence my view of the show.

But give it a look. It's worth it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote