Thread: Movies and TV New Star Wars TV & Film Repository
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 08:48 PM   #208
Supporter

Just one more note on GoT: I watched the first and maybe part of the second season but had to stop due to time constraints, a newborn, wife's cancer and so much more, so I say this as someone who has no skin in the game.

I don't know how many people watch the credits after each and every TV episode or film but I think that most people are aware that it takes hundreds, if not thousands, of people to create an episode or feature film. Each of those people have a specific role that they do well and sometimes, those people rise to the level of supervisor or manager but for the most part, people are content in their roles. People don't start out as a Gaffer or Set Designer, then "move their way up" to Producer or Director. That's not how the industry works. There are clear pathways that must be taken in order to achieve those titles and goals.

The reason why I'm stating this is because when Benioff and Weiss signed on run GoT and adapt the books, they were hired based on their ability to do just that: Adapt a book into a screenplay and series. I understand that many of the fans felt a huge letdown after the show progressed past the books, which left B&W to continue the story on their own, and without an outline or roadmap of what was to come.

That isn't their strength and was never their strength. Their latest projects for Netflix are once again, to adapt, one of which is from a Pulitzer Prize winning novel and the other, a trio of Sci-Fi novels into a feature film(s). I suspect they'll be successful at doing so, as they were with GoT. But it was foolish to expect that B&W could continue the stories that they could not originate.

People have their gifts. But those gift generally do not extend beyond their capabilities, but HBO did not care. And unfortunately, B&W took the brunt of the heat and not HBO.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.