View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #15105
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Yessir on the egg. 4.5 hours @ 250F, no foil. Glaze and rise to 300F for the final 30 minutes.

Beans were an afterthought after it was discovered our cabbage had gone bad for planned slaw. Baked in oven with mustard, brown sugar, cayenne, and some rib drippings. Weren't bad but have made better.
I have a go-to recipe for Cowboy beans that I love w/ smoked food.

1 lb bacon chopped, 2 onions, package of pnito beans soaked overnight. Save your bean water (provided you rinsed the beans well).

Toss some salt, pepper and granulated garlic in the bean pot with the bacon and onions, boil for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, toss a Couple cans of rotel in there with jalapanos to taste. I put pickled jalapeno juice in there as well because I like the flavor it adds. Chili powder and cumin to taste, rolling boil for a couple hours - add a little water if needed.

They're beans so it's not real precise. And since you have to soak them overnight, they aren't something you do at the last minute, but they're an amazing complement to smoked food, especially memphis/texas style.

I have a slaw I like as well - red cabbage, gala apples, chopped walnuts, mayonnaise (I'm a Duke's fan myself), sugar, rice vinegar, pepper. Again, it's a slaw so I have no idea what to tell you as far as amounts. Just throw shit in the bowl until it tastes good. I always make that stuff if I'm doing brisket and/or burnt ends.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.