Thread: Money I owe the IRS $4,000
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 02:14 PM   #119
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
No offense, but did she even read her tax return?

I mean, holy shit, if my accountant listed my income as $400,000 dollars more than I earned, I'd hop on the phone immediately.

There's no freakin' way I'd sign the return and allow it to be filed.
I don’t think she did. She was just used to handing over her returns to her CPA (who turned out to be worthless). To her defense she basically has two full-time jobs as both an attorney and a college professor, and didn’t have a lot of free time to do her taxes. When she dealt with the IRS, her account was being serviced by a special department due to the large amount, so it was a little easier to get in touch with someone and get things straightened out.

I received a similar letter that the OP did from the IRS a couple of years before because I made an IRA withdrawal and it wasn’t taxed. They made me pay that interest, but it was a real pain in the ass getting in touch with anyone at the IRS. None of the departments communicate with each other, so the department that sends out the notices doesn’t know that you’ve already paid the bill for a couple of months which caused me to continue to get notices after I had paid the money back (with interest).

I handle the taxes for us now and things are going much smoother now (knock on wood).
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.