View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 03:39 PM   #65
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
It doesn't really compare. Interior OL just doesn't hold value like other positions because the athletic requirements, even with a trend of interior pressure, aren't as strenuous.
It's different when you run as much out of the shotgun as we do, though.

I think that kind of athleticism really allows you to do some things in your run game blocking on the edges that you can't do with a 'normal' center.
That's why I say that a guy with more tools can allow Reid to do more things. And if you have to respect the possibility of that C pulling out and wiping you out on the edge, you have to be a little more cognizant of that in both run support AND when rushing the passer.

It isn't just a question of what it takes to play the position competently (i.e. Alex Smith). It's a question of what you can do with a guy who has truly standout tools at said position.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.