View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #225
MONTANA #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
So is Gamora alive? Surely so.

I also don't think it really does anything to the timeline on dusting Thanos, since it was past Thanos but he's actually int he future now....**** I don't know.
2016 Gamora is alive in the 2019 timeline. I'm sure that will be part of the plot of Guardians 3 is the gang tracking her down and Starlord winning her love again.

Most of the comments in this thread are looking at time as linear or through the butterfly effect where actions made in the past effect the future (like in Back to the Future), but they tried to explain in the movie that in their "Marvel Movie" universe that time through singular realities where if you travel to the past, that past becomes your future and your former present becomes the past, which can't now be changed by your new future. The basic implication is that you can't change the past because you've existed in the future; no matter what you do, the end result is the same. Even if you were to try and kill baby Thanos, the future you have must be unchanged.
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.