Thread: Music Megadeth > Metallica
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 01:10 PM   #253
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I never cared for Chris Poland or Glen Drover in Megadeth. Drover was stuck in the 80's Neo-Classical trip and it just didn't work for me in that context.
Drover's work wasn't their finest hour but his whole Neo-classical thing is more of what I'm talking about - the band changed after Marty. They always tried new wrinkles but they never went back to the old "thrash or die" formula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Marty defined their sound, IMO and while Broderick was even more technically proficient than Marty, his solos were "cold" and never induced that "Wow!!!" factor that Marty's solos had for me. His work on Holy Wars is just ridiculously awesome.
In many ways, Chris is your stereotypical classically trained musician. He's very robotic, watching him play is interesting as a metalhead because he does not really seem to "feel" anything. As for Marty, he was wholly unique for his time. Incorporating eastern music, the different modes and atypical arpeggios he used. And most of all, his bends. The way he does those bends - his solo album Dragon's Kiss is, to this day, one of the best albums I've ever heard.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.