View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 07:38 AM   #76
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

A melancholy 7 I guess.

It's been a weird last 2 weeks for sure. Wife is working from home, but as far as we know, her job is safe. I still go in to work, it's a probation office, and so far the criminal industry is up and running, but we've had to make serious adjustments to the way we do things. Still, I'm the System Admin, and as long as we are "in business" I'm good to go.

Personally, I'm a devout Catholic, and today is the first Sunday that I can't go to Mass and receive communion, which to us is pretty paramount to our faith. I'll be watching Mass on line this morning, but still, it's far from the same. I'm involved in a few ministries at Church which have all shut down as well. I was supposed to go on a 3 day retreat this weekend...and that's out. Basically, my wife and I find ourselves having a TON of time on our hands.

Started prepping the garden yesterday. Really wish we had gotten that acreage we looked at a few years ago. I work out at Orange Theory, and they shut down but provide daily "at home" workouts, which I'll do today and then take a run around the neighborhood.

We started binge-ing "Justified" last night and next week Ozark comes on...and next month The Last Kingdom comes back, so TV wise we have some stuff to watch I guess. But I feel like a couple of weeks of this and the lack of doing anything meaningful will really start to take it's toll.

But, God is Good all the time, and we will get through this. It's just surreal, annoying, and a little scary. But it makes me think of how many people around the world live like this kinda all the time. We're quite spoiled in America, and we're finding out that all our diversions are a luxury...and we've gotten quite fat and happy indeed. I don't watch the media other than for a few minutes here and there to get information on what's what. But I don't watch it, the fear mongering and sniping and blaming are nothing I want to get into.

God Bless you all, and I hope this ends soon. But if it doesn't, I hope all who are inclined will turn to God for wisdom, strength and peace. And those who are not inclined to, well...I'm praying for you anyway.

-Pax
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote