Thread: Home and Auto Handy-Man Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #890
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
How much problem you had with motors burning out?

In my experience on bigger projects, battery life is a much larger impediment.

Granted, I'm not a contract carpenter working day in, day out, but we have erected major structures over the years.

And, like others have said, if I'm moving away from 'weekend warrior' projects, I pull out the corded and paslode gear.
I've had a dewalt chipping hammer and right angle drill for 15+ years. I've changed the cord on both and the trigger on the chipping hammer. I've had a 18 volt cordless drill for 10 years and haven't even replaced a battery. Never had any issues with any of the motors on anything but the sawzall. It burned out after 5 years and since I didn't like the design, I went with a Bosch. I've had it for 8 years now and just replaced the blade locking mechanism for $30. I'm pretty rough on my tools, so anytime I can get 10 years out of a tool I'm happy
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.