View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #28
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Reid never seems to have an issue w/ taller interior linemen. I tend to prefer them at around 6'3" but Reid just doesn't seem all that concerned about the leverage issues. Seems he believes it can be coached out and that's that. So ultimately I wouldn't call Niang a 'pure tackle' anymore than I'd have called Wylie one when he came out of college as a T himself. Reid will put levery guys on the interior line.

The issue I see with Niang at G is that he'd be at LG and asking a rookie to switch positions AND sides is asking a whole lot of him, especially with a shortened schedule.

And if Wylie has the job out of camp, he'll have it all year unless he's injured.

So yeah, seems like it would need to be Rankin or Remmers as they're more likely to be NFL ready w/ the truncated timeline. I think anyone that can play C can also play G, so if Allegretti shows progress I see no reason why he couldn't win the job. Williams looks so damn powerful in his clips but not terribly athletic so I wonder if that will work for Reid. He's also a little shorter which again - not a problem for me but might just be a problem for Andy.

If Rankin is healthy, I think he gets the gig.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.