View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 09:57 AM   #17
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

So you gotta figure the Chiefs carry 9 offensive lineman, right? I wonder how much room there is for the new guys.

You can pretty much write a few of these guys in pen.

Fisher
Schwartz
LDT (otherwise they don't restructure)
Niang
Remmers
Rankin

Can't imagine any way those 6 aren't on the roster. Reiter almost certainly will be as well as he started all year, he's cheap and he's good in pass pro. Even if someone else takes the C job from him somehow, he just slots in too well as the backup C so let's just say those 7 spots are spoken for.

So you have two spots w/ Allegretti and Wylie having an edge for them. But ultimately you have these guys fighting for 2 spots:

Allegretti
Wylie
Senat
Hunter
Barton
Durant
Williams
Fair

So if Williams makes the team, it's at the expense of Allegretti or Wylie. If Niang makes a good guard conversion and Rankin comes back healthy enough to rely on, then Wylie's known quantity value drops a bit as well. At that point you could see Durant making the squad as a long-term swing tackle but even then, I think he'd have to leapfrog Senat (who the team seemed to like last year). Williams would end up your backup IOL at that point w/ Durant as the spare swing tackle behind Remmers.

It seems possible that Rankin could start the season on the IR but what limited information we've gotten there has suggested he's on the right track recovery-wise.

Kinda difficult sledding for the UDFA linemen, but I'd sure like to see them force themselves into the dialogue.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.