View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 01:28 PM   #212
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefscafan View Post
The Cincinnati Bengals select Grant Delpit safety LSU

Will write later
This is who I'd have taken for the Chiefs.

He's so multi-faceted and so talented that you can run any scheme imaginable w/ him, Thornhill and Mathieu back there. And Mathieu is a cap casualty likely as soon as next season (if Jones is retained...maybe even if he isn't) at which time Delpit and Thornhill would still give you a dynamic pair of young safeties.

It isn't that I dislike Baun at all - I don't. I think he's a nice player. But I think he's a lower ceiling guy at a position we're perhaps overvaluing (I don't think he develops into the sort of 3-down Mike we're looking for; a Bobby Wagner kind of guy).

He's safe and steady as the sunrise. But if Delpit were there, I couldn't pass on him. He just brings too much to the table, IMO. You get a talent like that in your defensive backfield and you'll find a way to make him a difference-maker.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote