View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 04:09 AM   #193
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Would you rather pay 25 million in AAV for Paul Goldschmidt's decline years or 25 million in AAV for Bryce Harper's prime and then his decline years?.
I wanted to pay Harper up to $400 million. I'm sure the posts will be easy to find. I was all in on Harper. Sucked it looks like we didnt even really try or he want interested in St. Louis? Either way, it didnt happen. Now what? Just put the same offense out there again that missed the playoffs 3 years in a row?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Gregerson+Cecil+Miller will be lucky to give the Cardinals 1.5 WAR this year, and they'll cost as much as Bryce Harper.
Irrelevant. Mo has made some bad deals, no, alot of bad deals. He needs to go. I'm with DJ on this, he stays because he's making money hand over fist for the Dewitts.They have two recent WS Championships, They are way too comfortable and "safe" with their FA's. That said......

I'm not going to beat them up on the money spent on salary as long as the Cardinals remain in the top 10 salary teams in baseball. We are never getting into the top 5. I think its a reasonable expectation to spend between the #5-#10 teams in baseball. We are there. Our issue has been spending it on the wrong players. Cecil, Fowler, Holland, Gregerson etc.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.