Thread: Chiefs Props to Spags & The D
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 03:21 PM   #145
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
It's a good recipe for success in the regular season against mediocre QBs. I think the reason most of us are worried is because the regular season doesn't matter so much anymore. We all know what's important here- beating the Pats in January. In order to do that, we're going to need to be able to play sound, fundamental, good defense across the board. As it stands, we apparently can't play both good pass and run defense. We're ceding yards on the ground in order to be able to stop the pass- we can't do that when we play New England.

You might be right, I just haven't seen any numbers to support the claim so I can't really argue against it. The run defense certainly looks different but the end result is extremrly similar to Sutton's defenses.
Thing is that you got to win in the regular season to get little things like 1.)into the playoffs and 2.)home field advantage. And like someone else pointed out, this D has 3 games under it's belt. Today was a big step up in competition and they still won. They're still figuring out what they are good at and what works/doesn't work but any time you end the week with a win it's been a good week.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote