Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 09:57 AM   #660
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I may be the only one, but I really don't like Georgiou. She was portrayed as so over-the-top evil in the beginning I just can't buy this whole redemption arc. Every time she's on screen all I'm thinking is, why isn't someone punting this bitch out an airlock? Why does anyone trust her? She committed genocide and ate people.
I don't think anyone does trusts her, except Burnham. Section 31 has a history of people like her, so I don't think that's an out of place spot for her character. She seems to have some sort of attachment to Burnham who is basically a clone of her "daughter", and it seems like that is the only reason she hasn't decided to go rogue. Now that their is no Section 31 where she can be her true Machiavellian self, I expect she will go out on her own sooner or later. Either because she's basically exiled for doing something "evil" or she finally just gets sick of trying to control her self.

Or she dies. Probably sacrificing herself for Burham, which would suck. But I agree with you, she can't stay. She can't be "redeemed". The only question is how she leaves the show/ship.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.