Thread: Computers Video Card chat
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 01:40 PM   #110
When a nightmare becomes real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Not sure I would recommend that monitor for you. Especially if you plan on getting a 3070 in the future. You want a monitor with G-Sync capability to take advantage of that high refresh rate potential. With this monitor and your NVidia GPU, you'll be limited to 60Hz refresh rate. The difference between gaming at 60Hz and 144Hz is amazing. You should probably also consider bumping up to 1440p resolution. This one is limited to 1080p. Like I said, if you could see the difference side by side between 1080p 60Hz and 1440p 144Hz, you'd immediately justify spending the extra money.

The problem though, is that you won't find many/any monitors with G-Sync in anything over ~35". Only Freesync(AMD GPU) at that width.

You might also want to consider a monitor that has native 21:9. This one is native 32:9, which is going to display a lot of media as cut off, stretched, or black bars on the sides.
Gotcha - thanks for the input. My main interest is a large monitor (49" would fit the bill). My current monitor is 120hz and I don't want to give that up either.

Given your input, should I be shopping AMD GPU's instead? I really don't have a preference, i've just always bought Nvidia.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.