View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 03:58 PM   #808
MVP

Your defense is in far better shape overall than mine. I think you need more explosiveness at WR and a better pass rush, but looks like a solid roster that would be a playoff team.

QB - Patrick Mahomes (#1-10/17 - KC)
QB - Matt Moore (FA/19 - KC)

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and Moore saved the season. Can't do much better.

RB - Aaron Jones (#5-180/17 - GB)
RB - Christopher Carson (#7-245/17 - SEA)
RB - LeSean McCoy (FA/19 - KC)

I had as dynamic of a 1-2-3 punch at running back as you could ask for. Jones led the way as my all-purpose back with 1,086 yards on the ground, 474 receiving and 19 total TDs. Carson was no slouch either, rushing for 1,230 yards and receiving for 266 more and 9 total TDs. McCoy was an early season producer but just icing on this rushing attack with 465 yards rushing, 181 receiving, and 5 TDs.

FB - Anthony Sherman

The tank keeps on truckin.

TE - Travis Kelce
TE - Deon Yelder (FA/19 - KC)
TE - Alize Mack (#6-214/19 - NO/PS)

Good thing Kelce was a 2nd team All-Pro because Yelder did little and Mack actually ended up on KC's practice squad.

WR - Tyler Boyd (#2-37/16 - CIN)
WR - Sammy Watkins (FA/18 - KC)
WR - Rashard Higgins (#5-162/16 - CLE)
WR - Olabisi Johnson (#7-243/19 - MIN)
WR - Cody Thompson (CF/19 - KC/PS)

Boyd had another top-notch year for me with 1,046 yards and 5 TDs. Watkins came up big in big moments. My reliable #3 in Higgins turned into a bench warmer that may be on his way out in Cleveland. Thankfully, Johnson started producing this year as a rookie and finished with 31 receptions for 294 yards and 3 TDs. Thompson didn't make it in KC and ended up over in Seattle and is on a reserves/futures contract. I might need to add a couple guys this offseason.

OT - Eric Fisher
OT - Mitchell Schwartz
OT - Derwin Gray (#6-201/19 - PIT/PS)

Fisher and Schwartz are a great duo. Gray spent the year on the practice squad and re-signed to a reserves/futures contract with Pittsburgh so all is not lost yet.

OG - Bradley Bozeman (#6-198/18 - BAL)
OG - Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
OG - Cole Madison (#4-122/18 - GB)
OG - Andrew Wylie (FA/18 - KC)
OG - Martinas Rankin (t-HOU/19)

Bozeman moved from reserve center to starting LG in Baltimore this year and looks to be developing nicely. My late-round flier looks pretty solid at the moment. LDT had his moments but wasn't great. Wyle and Rankin are solid reserve guys. I'm not sure what will happen with Cole Madison, but his future is up in the air at the moment.

OC - Erik McCoy (#2-48/19 - NO)
OC - Connor McGovern (#4-126/16 - DEN)
OC - Austin Reiter (FA/18 - KC)

I have 3 starting centers on one roster, which really helps my depth and the ability to slide a guy to OG if need be. My 2nd round guy, McCoy, looked like he has the makings of a future All-Pro. McGovern is solid and Reiter is adequate.

DL - Harrison Phillips (#3-95/18 - BUF)
DL - Xavier Williams (FA/18 - KC)
DL - Carlos Watkins (#4-132/17 - HOU)
DL - Joey Ivie (FA/18 - KC)
DL - Zach Sieler (#7-219/18 - BAL PS)

Losing Phillips the 3rd week of the season really hurt an already bad defensive line. Losing Xavier Williams made it almost unbearable. Watkins was a reserve that had 23 tackles and 1 sack. Ivie saw action in 3 games and didn't do a thing for Tennessee. Sieler ended up bouncing to Miami mid-year and ended up seeing action in 3 games, including 1 start, with 8 tackles and 1 sack. I have some major work to do here in the offseason.

ER - Justin Houston (IND)
ER - Matt Judon (#4-129/16 - BAL)
ER - Alex Okafor (FA/19 - KC)
ER - Oshane Ximines (#3-92/19 - NYG)
ER - Tanoh Kpassagnon (#2-59/17 - KC)
ER - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo (#5-159/18 - LAR)

Houston continues to be a good player with 44 tackles and 11 sacks. Judon is much the same, just a terror on the edge with 54 tackles and 9.5 sacks. Okafor chipped in 22 tackles and 5 sacks, Ximines looked like he'll have a future with 25 tackles and 4.5 sacks, Kpass had 29 tackles and 4 sacks, and Okoronkwo got some field time in 10 games with 7 tackles and 1.5 sacks. I'm still doing more than fine on the edge, but Houston and Judon aren't getting any younger.

LB - Anthony Hitchens (FA/18 - KC)
LB - Reggie Ragland (t-BUF/17 - KC)
LB - Damien Wilson (FA/19 - KC)
LB - Cole Holcomb (#5-167/19 - WAS)
LB - Darron Lee (t-NYJ/19)

We know this group, primarily. Highlighting my lone addition, Holcomb took over a starting ILB spot early this year and finished with 105 tackles and 1 sack. He's going to be solid for a while I think. Time to add around him.

CB - Bashaud Breeland (FA/19 - KC)
CB - Kendall Fuller (t-WAS/18)
CB - Byron Murphy (#1-29/19 - ARZ)
CB - Holton Hill (#7-243/18 - MIN)
CB - Morris Claiborne (FA/19 - KC)

Byron Murphy ended up starting and having 78 tackles, 10 pd, and 1 int in year one. He had his growing pains and was targeted alot, but taking that abuse and surviving as a rookie means he should only become better and better, especially working with Peterson. We had good returns from Breeland and Fuller resurrected the end of the season playing some safety. Hill didn't get to build much on his strong rookie year as he spent half the season suspended and finished with 13 tackles, 1 pd and 0 int. Depending on what happens with Breeland, I may need to add again early on this year.

DB - Jessie Bates (#2-52/18 - CIN)
DB - Tyrann Mathieu (FA/19 - KC)
DB - Tarvarius Moore (#3-86/18 - SF)
DB - Amani Hooker (#4-116/19 - TEN)

Bates was an absolute stud once again at FS with 100 tackles, 9 pd, and 3 int. Mathieu was the heart and soul at SS with 75 tackles, 2 sacks, 12 pd, and 4 int. Moore was a solid reserve with 3 starts and had 25 tackles and 3 pd. Hooker was also a reserve that finished with 19 tackles.

K Harrison Butker (FA/17 - KC)
P Dustin Colquitt
LS James Winchester

We know this group, very good but Colquitt should probably be replaced.

Overall, my offense is nearly untouchable. Solid line. Great QB. Great running game. Pro-Bowl level WR1. All-Pro TE. It's pretty special.

Defensively, much to be desired. I had a strong pass rush and outstanding safeties, but everything in between was fairly devoid of talent. I can't complain too much about my LBs but an upgrade from Hitchens is needed. The defensive tackle position has to be addressed and CB could be better.

Honestly, I think this would be a Super Bowl team if I had better defensive tackles. I think teams would have gashed me inside.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.