View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 10:34 PM   #802
MVP

Some tough decisions this year and this is a work in progress. I'm not happy with my D-line depth but overall I think the team is improving.

Post-Draft Moves:
Accept trade of UDFA CB Mark Fields to Minnesota Vikings for 2020 7th Round Pick
Accept trade of FA RB Carlos Hyde to Houston Texans for OL Martinas Rankin
Accept trade of 2020 6th Round Pick to New York Jets for LB Darron Lee

Draft Tab:
2020 1, 2, 2 f/SF (D. Ford), 3, 4, 5, 7
2021 Additional 7 f/MIN (M. Fields)

2019 Roster

OFFENSE (25)

QB - Patrick Mahomes (#1-10/17 - KC)
QB - Matt Moore (FA/19 - KC)

I've been running 2 QBs for a few years now, so no change here with Mahomes being an ace.

RB - Aaron Jones (#5-180/17 - GB)
RB - Christopher Carson (#7-245/17 - SEA)
RB - LeSean McCoy (FA/19 - KC)

Still have a good solid stable of backs with Jones and Carson, both starters, and McCoy coming in.

FB - Anthony Sherman

The tank keeps on truckin.

TE - Travis Kelce
TE - Deon Yelder (FA/19 - KC)
TE - Alize Mack (#6-214/19 - NO/PS)

Kept a practice squad guy I drafted in Mack over Blake Bell. Not much here outside of Kelce, but hoping the youngsters develop.

WR - Tyler Boyd (#2-37/16 - CIN)
WR - Sammy Watkins (FA/18 - KC)
WR - Rashard Higgins (#5-162/16 - CLE)
WR - Olabisi Johnson (#7-243/19 - MIN)
WR - Cody Thompson (CF/19 - KC/PS)

Went shy on the receivers this year. Boyd and Watkins are a solid 1-2. Higgins will do his normal solid contribution I'd think. Johnson looks like he might snag the #3 role in Minnesota, so I'm hopeful there. Went with Thompson on the PS in KC as #5 since I really had no other options outside of DAT. I think he'll develop and end up on the 53 at some point.

OT - Eric Fisher
OT - Mitchell Schwartz
OT - Derwin Gray (#6-201/19 - PIT/PS)

Kept 3 tackles but Gray is on the PS in PIT. I kind of expected it because they like to take low-round lineman and develop them for a couple years, but they turn into studs quite often.

OG - Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
OG - Cole Madison (#4-122/18 - GB)
OG - Andrew Wylie (FA/18 - KC)
OG - Martinas Rankin (t-HOU/19)

Connor McGovern being moved from G to C by the Broncos threw a huge wrench in my position group here, but Wylie will likely see action and Madison is developing. I'd start McGovern at G on my team. Rankin is a shot in the dark I'm going to keep for now, but I'm not too concerned given my depth on the interior overall.

OC - Connor McGovern (#4-126/16 - DEN)
OC - Erik McCoy (#2-48/19 - NO)
OC - Austin Reiter (FA/18 - KC)
OC - Bradley Bozeman (#6-198/18 - BAL)

I took McCoy because I lacked confidence in Reiter long-term, but now I have 3 guys penciled in as starters to open the season at the position and Bozeman saw snaps last year in BAL. Either way, I have a ton of interior O-line depth and it made it hard to get rid of these guys, thus keeping 11 lineman, when 9 is usually my max.

DEFENSE (25)

DL - Harrison Phillips (#3-95/18 - BUF)
DL - Xavier Williams (FA/18 - KC)
DL - Carlos Watkins (#4-132/17 - HOU)
DL - Joey Ivie (FA/18 - KC)
DL - Zach Sieler (#7-219/18 - BAL PS)

I failed to address D-line in the draft and now I could pay for it. I don't have a single starter on my squad unless Phillips unseats Lotulelei in Buffalo. All my other guys sans Sieler should see significant snaps. Sieler was a surprise cut and stash on the PS by BAL for me after there were talks he could compete to start during the offseason. That moves leaves me gasping for straws on the front.

ER - Justin Houston (IND)
ER - Matt Judon (#4-129/16 - BAL)
ER - Alex Okafor (FA/19 - KC)
ER - Oshane Ximines (#3-92/19 - NYG)
ER - Tanoh Kpassagnon (#2-59/17 - KC)
ER - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo (#5-159/18 - LAR)

I'm fairly stacked at edge rusher with good veteran talent and good developmental talent behind them. Hopefully, it all works out but Ximines looked really good in the pre-season and so did Kpass. Since Houston was cut and not an expiring contract, I was able to keep him around and he'll start in Indy.

LB - Anthony Hitchens (FA/18 - KC)
LB - Reggie Ragland (t-BUF/17 - KC)
LB - Damien Wilson (FA/19 - KC)
LB - Cole Holcomb (#5-167/19 - WAS)
LB - Darron Lee (t-NYJ/19)

I had to cut Blair Brown after his domestic battery crap and the Jags cutting him, which leaves me with KC's trash and Holcomb. Holcomb looked really solid in pre-season and I think he steals a starting position sooner than later in WAS.

CB - Bashaud Breeland (FA/19 - KC)
CB - Kendall Fuller (t-WAS/18)
CB - Byron Murphy (#1-29/19 - ARZ)
CB - Holton Hill (#7-243/18 - MIN)
CB - Morris Claiborne (FA/19 - KC)

SF moving Moore to FS, his natural and college position, after an experimental year at CB changed the dynamic of my CB group but I did take Murphy in the 1st and he looks like he'll start by next year. Hill is on suspension to start the year but looked good in his opportunities last season. We know what the rest is. I hung onto Claiborne as depth.

DB - Jessie Bates (#2-52/18 - CIN)
DB - Tyrann Mathieu (FA/19 - KC)
DB - Tarvarius Moore (#3-86/18 - SF)
DB - Amani Hooker (#4-116/19 - TEN)

Bates is a stud and the Chiefs' addition of Mathieu helped. Moore moving to his natural FS spot and likely being the starter there gives me a deep group. Hooker looked like a baller in pre-season and Tennessee is gushing about him so far. Could go from crap at Safety to an absolute stud group in 2 years. Unlike with Houston, I let Berry walk. My spirit wasn't feeling him on this roster anymore.

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

K Harrison Butker (FA/17 - KC)
P Dustin Colquitt
LS James Winchester

No sense in messing with greatness.

I don't have too many notable cuts, but I'll list the ones that either made the Chiefs roster or I drafted and cut this year.

DB Jordan Lucas - I made the trade w/MIA but just not roo
LB Ben Niemann - I love him on special teams but I had to keep talent elsewhere
DB Dan Sorensen - My safeties look good so he wasn't a must keep
RB Darrell Williams - McCoy buried him further down the depth-chart and I already have 2 starters.
LB Blair Brown - Drafted him in the 5th two years ago but he got cut after a domestic battery charge. I also showed him the door no matter what the result.
CB Tremon Smith - Drafted him just like KC but he's very expendable in his current role, which I doubt lasts much longer in KC either
WR Stacy Coley - Drafted him in the 6th two years ago but he couldn't stick with the Jets after his short stint in Minnesota, so project over.

Last edited by kccrow; 09-04-2019 at 03:38 AM..
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.