View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 11:24 AM   #782
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire View Post
For the record, I have two forums I frequent: this one, and a hockey message board.

The hockey board completely bans all political topics. This has been a ****ing godsend in a time like this, IMO. And I’m not a person who just avoids politics; I’m very active in discussions like that. But when I visit my hockey message board, or football message board, I just want these type of discussions to go away. I can’t spend 24/7 thinking about the shit thats happening in this country right now; it’s draining, and tiresome. A place like this is supposed to be an escape from all that. And in the past, even though a lot of y’all are on the opposite end of the spectrum as I am, I’ve been able to completely avoid stuff like that for the most part, and just mingle as a fellow Chiefs fan. It’s getting harder and harder though, as I said, and it sucks because I truly love this forum, especially since I live on the east coast and don’t have any actual Chiefs fan friendship. Hell, I barely know anyone who watches any football, let alone to the level I do.

I know, different forums, different philosophies, different circumstances, etc. And I get that this is something that was borne a long time ago. But I think it may be time to come up with some sort of solution or compromise, because I know I’m not the only person who feels this way.

That’s just my two cents. I know I’m a relative n00b on this forum but like I said I love being here and hate wanting to distance myself. Trying to post in the Chiefs subreddit just depressed the **** out of me because this place is so much better, warts and all.
I'll never forget the day I discovered the DC forum on this site. I think I'd been posting here for a year at least. I was like - oh no, I'm going to get sucked into this aren't I?

I thank stevieray for winning the bet ban, which I welched on for a while - no excuses - but finally honored. My life has been much better w/o getting sucked into that vortex of shit.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.