View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 06:56 AM   #36
Live free or die hard

One of my high school wrestling coaches (Rich) teaches 8th grade math and has a similar view on discipline and lack of parenting with his students. I went to private Catholic School 1st thru 12th grade and while the priests would slam you up against the wall and scare the shit out of you those nuns would beat you with rulers, slam your head against the wall and break shit over you for misbehaving. That stuff is not an old wives tale.

And we were still assholes and troublemakers at that age so I can only imagine what it’s like now that they have carte blanche and the teachers are handcuffed to on how to punish troublemakers who hide behind the system.

Rich is what you would call a “no nonsense” kind of guy. He coached me for four years and I installed and replaced pools and pool liners (mostly replaced pool liners) with him over the summers. Let’s just say patience and constraint on his emotions is less than a strength.

He’s been up to the max number of points (not 100% sure how the point system works) before having to take mandatory leave for a couple years in a row because he deals with his students old school and the parents and/or students complain then the board gets involved and not it’s a known issue and so on and so forth. He’s only 50 so he’s a bit away from retirement and is now on a ‘mood control’ medication to help him crank out the last 10 or so years of teaching.

You couldn’t pay me enough money to be a police officer, teacher, or similar occupation. Everyone screams ‘racism’ or some other abuse and the bullshit is actually taken seriously. I think we’re reaching a point where the bullshit is becoming apparent but society is not quiet there just yet.

Anyway, a question: do you think there’s less, more or equal physical confrontations between students? Such as two guys settling things fisticuffs or do they slap fight and unfriend each other on social media to settle differences.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.