Thread: Movies and TV Shogun on FX
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 08:48 PM   #104
On one quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post

WTH this was rushed horribly so disappointing. The woman writer obviously took the source material and pitched in in the burn barrel. She created a woke 1600s Japan . Why they even bothered I don't know I guess they didn't count on the popularity of a masterpiece of a book.
in what way was this show woke? the lady writer didn't change much of the plot. but she did incorporate more dialogue to get rid of exposition in Marikos translations. the biggest thing the writer changed was Anjin trained samurai to fire cannons instead of matchlock rifles. that makes sense because Daimyo had been trading with the Portuguese for 50 years already. by 1600 most samurai armies had developed pike and shot strategies similar to the Tercio square.

The ending of this new series is pretty much the same as the old mini-series
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote