Thread: Skyy Moore
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 09:23 AM   #116
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If we're wanting to get away from the "stars and scrubs" method everyone hates, isn't this the way to do it? I mean, if we wanna take swings at high upside athletes, the majority aren't gonna hit. Which, fine, that's how you get Tyreek and Kelce.

But you're also gonna end up barren in some spots.
I think you've gotta do both.

And with McDuffie, Karlaftis, Moore, Cooks and Williams (who cares about 7th rounders?) I think we focused almost entirely on the floor over the ceiling.

That's just too heavily tilted in that direction. That's the most draft capital we've had in decades and the VAST majority of it went to 'safe' picks.

I think the 2008 draft class is probably the most comparable we've had in terms of capital.

And with that class we took a few safe picks (Dorsey, Flowers, Morgan) and a few more aggressive ones (Albert, Charles, Cottam, Carr)

And we scattered them throughout. Here we took all safe picks early with a couple of higher upside ones late. Even the aggressive swings we took on Chenal and Dennard aren't really that aggressive, those are high floor guys who ALSO have high ceilings.

Just seems like we overcorrected a hair. I'd have like to have a seen a few more balls/bust picks in there. A Drake Jackson sort, Jalen Tolbert. And mix in the McDuffie over Gordon pick or the Karlaftis over Ebiketie. That's cool - I understand the need for floor.

I just think we went too hard in that direction.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.