View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 04:27 PM   #22
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Fulton was a 6th round selection that played in 16 games his rookie season due to what else? Injuries. He learned to play center, then left in free agency in which he snagged $7 million per from the Texans. He's pretty much been an Iron Man in his career, missing only 5 starts out of 112.

LDT was another 2014 6th rounder but didn't play his rookie season. He's started every game he's been healthy since 2015 and signed a huge extension a few years back.

Allegretti was a 7th rounder in 2019 that's stepped in and played well since taking over for Remmers, who was stepping in due to the injury to Osemele.

It took Fisher more than a full season to become acclimated at Left Tackle while Austin Reiter sat behind Mitch Morse until he was called upon to start in place of Morse, in which he claimed the starting Center position full time in 2019.

Considering the Chiefs have a pretty daunting cap situation in front of them in 2021, I doubt they'll be signing any offensive lineman to start in 2021, nor will they spend high draft picks on linemen when they need skill players at so many other positions, so they'll likely continue drafting guys late and signing cheap street Free Agents that can step in and provide average play if necessary.

The bottom line is that outside of a serious need at tackle, Reid likes to develop late rounders as opposed to taking some guy high in the draft and hope he's ready to start Day 1 because he doesn't want to pass on Game Changing players.
I agree with all of that, but we need a Center, so either Williams is the man after a year of seasoning, or we are going to use a high pick on one. I think its too big of need. I actually feel pretty good about G.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.