View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #3133
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
I'm not trying to take a swipe at you (I know it came across that way). My point is that hootie drives threads, and that's rare. You're a good poster and seem like a good dude, but your threads aren't "must reads". The people who like hootie read his threads for entertainment. The people who hate hootie read his threads to heckle him. The few people who don't really give a shit about him one way or the other read his threads just for the spectacle.

You may well have done all the stupid shit he's done. It's really nothing special. The difference is that he can tell the story in a way that's entertaining.

I've done a lot of the same shit as hootie, but I don't write stories about it for the entertainment of CP, so I'm not a strong poster. If I stopped posting tomorrow, nobody would notice. I don't give rep. I don't post mega-threads worthy of the Hall of Classics. Hell, I don't even have an avatar. There's nothing wrong with just being an average poster, but if you don't drive threads, it's bad form to bitch about those who do.
Exactly. We agree here. I think. This is a message board. It is the last place on earth I want to be known as one of the best at being here. I like Hootie threads too. They are entertaining for one reason or another.

I could probably tell all sorts of stories and they'd probably be pretty funny. I'm now a married professional with kids, and don't feel it necessary or appropriate to divulge some of the fun, though now probably repulsive, illegal, immoral, and just plain idiotic things I did 20 years ago.

Hootie doesn't mind, so that works for him, and yes, it is entertaining. I'm probably a bit boring now to a guy his age, but funny how life changes. You couldn't pay me to go back to that time of life. Well, ok, for two or three days maybe, but that's about it.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.