View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #1528
Integralist

I don't want Missouri to go. I like have them in the conference. I don't like MU, but I like having them in the conference. I don't think MU is replaceable, but I don't think that they are irreplaceable.

I think MU gives up way too much for this idea that another conference will be more "stable" for them in the future. If this threat is simply a means that help ensures the Big XII becomes a more stable conference, then good for them.

But, I don't think a move to the SEC is going to do them many favors. Sure, Arkansas has a solid program, but being in the SEC hasn't really done much for them on the national scale. Have you ever listened to radio talk shows based in the SEC? They barely like to acknowledge them as it is, many of them have voiced the opinion that wouldn't care if they leave.

In the Big XII, at least, you're in the upper tier. You have standing. There, I'm afraid they are going to look on you as the reasoning to avoid an unbalanced schedule. An excuse to grab some market share. I think you're recruiting will take a hit as well.

Of course, these are all my opinions, I know many of you think there is nothing but blue skies ahead down south, but I truly believe the "security" won't be worth it in the long run of things.
HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.