View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #873
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
But do you really think this is the end of their conversations?

Or at minimum, do you think they might just leave Texas out of the equation and go after OU and OSU?

I guess I am different than most...I truly think Texas' ego could eventually get them in trouble. They're not ND and I don't think they would be as successful as an Independent from a standpoint of viewership.

And who's to say anyone would oblige scheduling them if the superconference ideas form around them?

In the end I am hoping to see them get their "kick in the balls".
The Pac-12 wants to leave TT, OSU, and K-State out of the equation. And bring in UT, OU, KU and MU. That's their plan. My guess is that two things screwed that up.

MU holding out for SEC/B1G and state level political pressure holding the 2nd schools to the primary schools.

Speculation here: Had Scott been able to get those 4 school alone... and not diluted the revenues with OSU, TT and K-State, I suspect it would have been more worth his while to stay at the table longer.
jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.