View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #780
Integralist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
Like the other conferences would care if the Big XII goes to 16 teams. They'd still be weaker in football than the SEC, weaker in basketball than the ACC, and get less viewership and $$ than the Big X.
Why the fuck would we care what other conferences care about? If we get paid comparably and can compete comparably and get to maintain sensible geographic proximity, why do we care who's winning a mythical conference popularity contest. By the way, the latest ESPN conference power poll says the Big XII is #1 this week. I could care less is the conference is #1 or not. All I care about is if the are an AQ conference and if they have a big time national prominence. The rest of that stuff is beyond our control. Sports conferences don't dictate the population and migration patterns of people. The midwest is one of the least populous areas of the country. Proportionately, the Big XII probably out performs those very conferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
Why the hell would USF join the Big XII? Unless the Big East implodes, they're staying. Although it makes zero geographic sense, you'd have a better shot at trying to pick up UCF.
Here's why (and I'm not even saying they'll get an invite), the Big East chose not to renegotiate last year when it had Syracuse and Pitt, thinking they would have something better to sell this coming year. The Big XII already has its huge 2nd tier deal with the prospects of its 1st tier on the way as long as they can show some stability until that time. That's a ton more money that USF is going to make than in the Big East. Who they gonna add? East Carolina?

Personally, I hope we stop at 10 and then look at 12 a couple, three years down the line. Then yes, if we offer Louisville and South Florida, they will come.
HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.HolyHandgernade Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.