Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #173
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
So two weeks ago I bought my first rod and reel. Got a cheap baitcaster. Been fishing a few times, and caught my first (very small) fish yesterday on Lake Jacomo.

This reel is frustrating as hell. I spend more time untangling birdnests than fishing. I read up and watched some videos on how to use it correctly, and it helped, but still tons of tangles. I think I'm going to go back and buy an open reel while I'm learning. I think it's a combo of user error, and buying the cheapest baitcaster I could find.

Ah well. Still enjoying it.
You've got to remember to keep your thumb on the spool to keep it from overspinning. Remember that you won't be able to cast as far as you can with a spinning reel, but you'll be able to pinpoint where the lure hits the water, which is a major plus when pitching and flipping or otherwise fishing in heavy cover.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.